Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nothing new....

Sadly, not a whole lot has happened today. I've been feeding my jellies ground shrimp and tilapia. I've also culture a small stock of artemia naplii for the smaller jelly since he has a hard time eating larger foods. There was a large population of planulae swimming on the surface of the tank walls but they either moved away or was taken out by a small worm like fouling organism. I guess I should have tried to culture the planulae sooner...
I also had to dissect a bubble out of the largest jelly. I think it got there when I fed him. So I just held him in my palm underwater and cut a small slit in his under- bell with some dissection scissors. Then I added some stress coat to help him regenerate new tissue for that cut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment