Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turned the heat up.

I turned the heater up three degrees. the tanks average temperature is 76.00 degrees F. its now from 79 to 80 degrees F.
I found one polyps that is definitely a moon jellyfish polyp. so hopefully overnight or as the week spans out, it will strobilate and produce me some Ephyra!
And I also have some weird hydroid/polyp creatures living in a petri dish on standby in a separate 1.5 gallon aquarium. they look kind of like polyps but they are mostly clear and at the moment, don't appear to have base stems. I thought at first that segmented worms were eating their bases that they use to attach to stuff with. But Im not even sure if the have bases. and to make it even stranger they have the ability to pulse around rapidly in the water column! s
So every time I spot one I suck it up with a pipet and put it on a dish submerged in the smaller aquarium. Im thinking they might be a polyp of another jellyfish species. i guess they could be a type of box jelly polyp or really any warm water polyps.
Anyways, I will keep you posted on updates for both of these topics. and i will have pictures for any ephyra that I may get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment