Monday, July 25, 2011

Think I killed most of my ephyra :(

My ephyra were behaving poorly due to the quality of their water. So I changed their water with brand new saltwater. however, the water was cold so I placed them under a lamp until the water heated up to room temp. Sadly I left them too long and they fried..... They all got very small due to osmosis I suspect.

So no more ephyra until the polyps produce more. But in better news I ordered the pump for my ephyra/polyp system! It turns out that 100% silicone still isnt aquatic safe. It tends to degrade in saltwater aquariums. So I just need to buy some aquarium safe silicone and re-glue everything. Then it will be done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment