Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gah, these ephyra are so difficult!

Ephyra really are extremely difficult to raise. I just cant get the hang of them. There are so many things that can kill or injure them. It even goes down to what food you give them.

I was going on having a set of really nice ephyra. They were getting big and looked as if I was going to be successful in growing them to adulthood but then they just quit out on me. I tried feeding them frozen blended brine shrimp, and the next morning there was just piles of goop I the dish, with too piles of goop still pulsing. Strangely this only happened too the larger ephyra. The smaller ones were fine.

So I ordered a screen for the new breeding system. Its a nylon 1000 micron screen. I bought it off amazon for 12.00. Should get here in a few days.

I havent really said much about all of my system lately so I will now. I have a 1.5 gallon aquarium with polyps on petri dishes. My display is running with one warm water moon jellyfish and two snails. I have a bucket with live rock, two hermit crabs and two snails in it. This is all stuff from the beach that was and maybe will go with a cannonball jellyfish tank or maybe Cassiopeia. I also have several dishes with polyps and ephyra living in them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment