Saturday, October 8, 2011

A jellyfish aquarium with jellyfish and fish.

What comes to mind when you see jellyfish and fish crossing paths? You would expect to see the jellyfish capture the fish in its billowing tentacles and then sting and consume it. However that's not always the case.

According to research done by the popular company, Jellyfish Art, many fish can be kept with moon jellyfish in peace. And I know for a fact that clown fish will do fine with moon jellyfish. Of course that suddenly makes sense right? If you have ever seen finding Nemo you will remember the scene where Marlin rescues Dory from the swarm of jellyfish. Anemones and jellyfish are related because they are both Cnidarians. Their venoms are similar and clownfish don't mind either sting. 


So I've decided I'm going to get one clown fish for my tank. I really like the black clown fish, however Im not sure if I want one quite yet. I may buy a regular clown fish now or opt for a black one later. I'm not entirely sure.  Clown fish are easy to care for and look good too. 





~Images from~

http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/b/bd/Jellyfish.jpg
http://aquaviews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Ocellaris-Clownfish.jpg
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/clowns/images/BlackPerculaWMC_U28.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Great itеmѕ from you, mаn. Ӏ've be aware your stuff prior to and you're ѕimрlу eхtremеly excellent.
    I really like whаt you hаve obtaіned here,
    reаllу like what you are ѕаyіng and
    the waу in ωhich through whіch
    you аre saying it. You аre making it entеrtainіng and you сontinue
    to taκe caге of to stay іt sensible.
    I can't wait to read much more from you. That is actually a tremendous web site.

    Here is my blog post - understanding nootropics
    Also visit my webpage nootropic

    ReplyDelete