Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannonball Jellyfish Try II

I have arranged everything I need to try cannonball jellyfish a second time.
  • 200 gallons in reef salt.
  • Reverse osmosis system.
  • More cannonball jellies. 


I have three more cannonball jellies this time. Two smaller jellies and one very large one. The large one appears to be very scratched, and has several impressive chunks out of its bell. Its vitals seem to be fine, however. It pulses fine and hasn't shown signs of inversion. One of the smaller jellies is also having some problems. Its bell is bent and skew. It almost appears to be inverting, but hasn't quite gotten their yet. Its quite possible that it is just damaged from the waves. It also seems to pulse fine, but just looks funny in general. The last jellyfish is a very good specimen, and seems perfectly fine. It is unscathed and pulses with vigor. 

Ive recorded most of my progress,



3 comments:

  1. Looking good so far. Please keep us updated! How much was that RO kit you have? I will have a smal 7 gallon tank and was wondering if it would be worth it to get an RO kit or just go and buy water from the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RO kit was about 130 dollars. I bought it from bulk reef supply. For 7 gallons it may more worth it too buy water from the store. An RO unit does come in handy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have arranged everything I need to try cannonball jellyfish a second time. 200 gallons in ... jellyfishtank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete