Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Jellyfish Care Instructions

Recently I have come to realize that I have cared for a lot of species of jellyfish. I post about every one of them, but I haven't really given any very detailed posts on their care. So I will do just that. A post will be made for every species that I have kept successfully. That way I can share what methods I have used to keep them.

Let's take a review of what I  have kept so far.

Moon Jellyfish (Aurelia Aurita)

  • Coldwater
  • Warm water
Cannonball Jellyfish (Stomolophus mealagris)
  • Brown spotted variety
  • Totally white variety
Comb Jellies
  • Mnemiopsis species
  • Sea gooseberry species 
Upside Down Jellyfish
  • Multiple species
Atlantic Sea Nettles (chrysaora quinquecirrha)
  • I've only had mixed success with these. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment